Wednesday, April 05, 2006

mamo #39: I got another couple of Jakes for ya

Sequels! In no other arena does Hollywood walk such a razor-thin line between respectability and out-and-out huxterism. Huxterism #1: Basic Instinct #2. Who would wait fifteen years to pay Sharon Stone $14M to uncross her legs again? Huxterism #2: Ice Age 2. Will an audience really watch anything CGI, regardless of relevance, quality, or even common sense? It was a crappy weekend at the movies, all right, and Mamo is pissed....

4 Comments:

Blogger Urban Faery said...

ANDREA DWORKIN WOULD BE PROUD! Ah, salve for my women's studies soul.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you in Ion this month! Awesome!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Uri said...

I actually went back and listen to this one for the second time, just so I can send you this comment. ;)

Ice Age 2 did leave me unmoved, but I actually liked the first one, which staid in my memory as a nice effort for the first CGI feature animation from Fox (Blue Sky).

***SPOILER ALERT***
In Meltdown Scrat actually had an important (albeit unintentional) part in the story as he cracks the iceberg which parts and allows water to be drained from the valley.
***SPOILER ALERT***

Also I'm with Geeky Matthew when comes to BTTF2, which to me was also complete let down upon release. I got the meaing of it years later when I saw it again. It just wasn't ment for young kids, like the first one. Best part of it was the trailer for BTTF3 at the end of it, just before credits (if I remember this right). :)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Nandes said...

Speaking of sequels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4OnHCRd_4

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home